Tips for Eye Care
What to do to take Care of your Eyes
It’s so important to take care of your eyes, but you may not think about it very often. No matter how much makeup you put on them or how much you workout, if your eyes look tired or lack lustre it will show.
- Be alert for symptoms of vision problems or visual stress including frequent headaches, tired or burning eyes, blurred vision, difficulty with distant vision, difficulty reading, or doing close work, or trouble reading the blackboard at school.
- Wear proper safety eye wear when doing things like using power tools, playing sports like racquetball, basketball, karate or kick boxing.
- Provide adequate lighting when reading and watching TV.
- Take rest breaks from visually demanding tasks and from the computer screen.
- Wear proper sunglasses when outdoors and include ultraviolet radiation protection in all eye wear.
- Schedule a comprehensive eye health and vision exam every 12 to 18 months to help ensure your correct eyesight. Especially important if you wear corrective lenses.
- Sunlight & Your Eyes: Professionals are recommending year-round use of proper sunglasses to block the potentially harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun.